eCommerce Training Overview:
Starting an Online Store
Thinking of starting an online store? We have absolutely no hesitation stating that Dropship Blueprint has the best, most comprehensive, most detailed, most up-to-date eCommerce training course on the planet.
We guide you step-by-step through the process of choosing a store model and deciding what to sell, setting up an account with a supplier, building your store, launching it, getting it ranked well in Google, driving paid, organic (free) and direct traffic to it, maximizing your profits, managing day-to-day operations and even selling your online store (if you choose to). And those are just the highlights!
Our course covers all the nitty-gritty details and fills in all the gaps, eliminating all the guesswork in building a profitable, sustainable online store. Let's take a closer look at what's covered in each chapter ...
CHAPTER 1: CHOOSE YOUR NICHE
Lately, there have been all kinds of pop-up courses that claim you will be on your way to riches using aliexpress dropshipping (also sometimes called a 'Shopify dropshipping course'). While it is certainly possible to make money online that way if you really know what you are doing and have the money to risk, it is not nearly as easy as they lead you to believe, the competition is fierce and the profit per order is extremely low, which not only severely limits your opportunities for paid advertising, but involves a ton of time and energy processing minuscule profit orders (your time is worth far more than that). We believe our high ticket approach to dropshipping is not only more lucrative, but your chances of being successful are far greater, too.
We'll start off in Chapter 1 with perhaps the most important part of the whole process: choosing a niche (i.e. a market or a product line). No matter how great your site is, your business will never truly thrive if your niche is a dud. We've built dozens of successful online stores around a wide variety of product niches and will guide you through the process of choosing a winning niche.
We'll introduce you to the "Big 4" factors for choosing a good niche market, and we'll answer these common questions:
- What makes a niche market profitable?
- What type of niche markets should I avoid?
- How much of a profit do I need to be making on each order?
- Is there a tool to help me forecast how successful my niche will be?
CHAPTER 2: CHOOSE YOUR STORE MODEL
Once you've selected your niche, the next step is to choose your store model. In Chapter 2, we'll discuss the three types of stores you can build: 1) stock & ship eCommerce, 2) dropship eCommerce and 3) affiliate product stores. We'll discuss the PROs and CONs of each store model and help you choose which type of online store makes the most sense for you.
Some questions that we’ll address are:
- What is the difference between an eCommerce Store and an affiliate product store?
- What is dropshipping?
- Which store model will give me the biggest payoff?
- Do I have to keep a stock of products?
- What are my options for shipping?
- Why should I avoid dropshipping directories like Doba dropshipping?
CHAPTER 3: SOURCE PRODUCTS
Lastly, in this planning phase, we will walk you through how to find a supplier. You can’t have an online store without any products to sell! This can be a daunting task for some, but all it takes are the right tools. From how to identify potential suppliers to securing a reseller account with a supplier, we’ll walk you through each step of the process. We’ve even thrown in a couple of scripts to use, and have provided solutions and next steps for every possible outcome of your outreach.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover in Chapter 3:
- What is the best way to contact a supplier? What kind of preparation do I need to do?
- How do I find drop shipping wholesalers?
- What happens if a supplier won’t dropship for me? What are my options? Can I change their mind?
- How do I verify that this supplier is giving me the best deal? How can I project what my profit margins will be?
After you’ve completed the first three chapters of the training, you will have chosen a profitable niche, determined your store model, and secured a supplier (or two) for your products. In short, you will have poured the foundation for your new online business and will be well on your way to start building your store!
CHAPTER 4: PRE-BUILD TASKS
In Chapter 4, we’ll go over everything you need to gather before you start building. One of the most important parts of the pre-build is selecting a shopping cart platform. The shopping cart platform is like the brain of your store; it's what makes everything work. From the look of your online store to managing all of your information and inventory, your shopping cart platform is your store’s lifeline.
In this phase of the training, we’ll answer the following questions:
- What are the different types of shopping cart platforms?
- How do I know which kind of shopping cart platform is right for my store?
- Which shopping cart platforms do you recommend?
CHAPTER 5: BUILD TASKS
In Chapter 5, we’ll walk you through the actual store build-out. It isn’t just uploading products; you need to make your store attractive to customers and be prepared to take a variety of payments. After all, that’s what eCommerce is all about ... getting paid! Not only will we take you step by step through all of the nitty-gritty details of building your store, but we will also teach you how to set it up in a way that builds customer trust, which is the foundation of any successful eCommerce business.
Here are some questions we'll address in this chapter:
- What kind of content do I need to put on my site?
- How do I set up shipping and tax rates for my store?
- How do I accept payments, including credit cards?
CHAPTER 6: LAUNCH TASKS
In the Chapter 6, we will take you through the super important store launch sequence. Even the most expertly executed store is worthless if no one but you knows that it exists. The goal here is to get people (and lots of them) to your store, and more importantly, to the checkout page.
Unlike a brick and mortar store, you aren’t going to be making flyers and taking ads out in the paper. Figuring out how to advertise an online store is a bit more elusive, and it takes a firm understanding of the different tools available to you.
Chapter 6 will teach you how to get your name out there so you can start turning a profit, and will answer these questions:
- How do I get Google to recognize my online store?
- Which Google products should I be using, and how?
- Which social sites should my store be on, and how do I set up my blog?
By the end of Chapter 6, you will have a complete online store that’s attractive to both customers and Google, and that’s ready to start taking payments. We’ll also provide you with all the tools you need to start advertising your store, so you’ll be all set up to start marketing and turning a major profit.
CHAPTER 7: WEB MARKETING STRATEGY
Chapter 7 introduces you to the world of Internet marketing, helping you see the "big picture" of how to market a website and get visitors to your store. In this introductory chapter to web marketing, I'll give you a timeline of what traffic sources you should focus on over the first several months post-launch and discuss what you can realistically expect traffic/sales-wise over that time span. You'll see that it's very possible to start generating profits in month 1!
CHAPTER 8: PAID TRAFFIC
Chapter 8 is all about using paid advertising to drive visitors to your site. While you're certainly not "required" to use paid advertising, I strongly recommend that you test it out because it is the best way of immediately gaining visitors and making money.
Web-based paid advertising is a completely different animal from "real-world" paid advertising. You don't have to risk thousands and thousands of dollars for a big TV/radio/print ad that may or may not pay off. With Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and other forms of web advertising, you'll know within ~$50 of ad spend whether your paid ads are generating more profits than they're costing. Better still, with most pay-per-click advertising, you don't actually pay for the ads until after they have already been generating visitors and sales, so really, there aren't any out of pocket advertising expenses.
I'll teach you my "Big 4" rules of engagement for PPC advertising, which will help ensure that your paid ads have a positive Return On Investment (ROI) and contribute to your bottom line. In addition to PPC advertising, we'll also cover all the ins and outs of using paid banner ads and setting up your own affiliate program.
CHAPTER 9: ORGANIC TRAFFIC
Chapter 9 is dedicated to helping you get your site ranked well in Google, which will generate a constant stream of free, organic traffic to your store. Paid advertising is great because it allows you to start generating traffic right out of the gate, but you'll always make more profit per order from free, organic traffic than you'll make from paid traffic.
Your store's long-term profitability and growth will depend largely on how well your store ranks in Google (and the other search engines) for the keyword phrases you're targeting. In Chapter 9, we'll first explore Google's key ranking factors and what you need to focus on to achieve good rankings in today's Google environment. Then I'll introduce you to my Insanely Simple SEO Marketing Plan, which provides you with a sure-fire action plan for climbing up the rankings and getting huge amounts of free traffic.
CHAPTER 10: DIRECT TRAFFIC
Chapter 10 is all about driving free direct traffic to your store to supplement your paid traffic and organic traffic, leading to more sales and more profit. In this chapter, I'll teach you everything you need to know to drive traffic to your online store from popular forums and other "social hangouts" in your market.
I'll also show you how to find opportunities to be a guest contributor on high-traffic blogs, which can lead to enormous amounts of direct traffic. We'll also discuss how to use Q&A sites like Yahoo Answers and Quora to bring in additional highly-targeted visitors.
CHAPTER 11: MAXIMIZE YOUR PROFITS
Once you have a handle on how to market and drive traffic to your store, it’s time to turn your attention to maximizing your profits. How will we do this? By increasing the other 2 factors of the Profit Formula...
Profit = Number of Visitors x Conversion Rate x Profit Per Order
The middle chapters of our training course were all about getting traffic ... increasing the number of visitors to your store. But that's just 1 of the 3 factors in the Profit Formula.
In Chapter 11, we'll explore ways to maximize the other 2 factors: your conversion rate and your average profit per order. Increasing one or both of these other 2 factors will have just as big of an impact on increasing your bottom line as traffic will. And oftentimes, they're faster and easier to increase.
In Chapter 11, we'll make sure you're not guilty of any of the common "conversion rate killers" and talk about how to use A/B split testing to try out lots of different ideas for improving your conversion rate.
Chapter 11 will answer the following questions:
- What are some red flags that will scare visitors off?
- How do I convince people to by from me instead of a competitor?
- Just how important are my prices? How often should I update them?
- What do I do when my business seems to hit a plateau? How can I grow and expand my business?
CHAPTER 12: STORE OPERATIONS
In Chapter 12, we'll turn our attention to day-to-day store operations. I'll teach you all the tips and tricks I've learned over the last 10+ years in eCommerce to creating a profitable, efficiently-run business. We’ll go over some common mistakes that business owners make and the best ways to avoid them.
You’ll also learn the correct way to process orders. Knowing this system is vital for not only your customers’ satisfaction, but also for your business’ success (not to mention your sanity).
When it comes to order processing, many people worry about being victims of fraud. That’s why we made sure to carve out a special section in this chapter dedicated entirely to how you can identify and prevent fraud.
Some of the questions Chapter 12 will answer for you are:
- How should I be spending my time on a daily/weekly basis?
- What tasks can I safely outsource?
- How do I process orders to keep customers happy?
- What records do I need to keep?
- How do I verify that an order is legitimate?
CHAPTER 13: SELL YOUR STORE?
In Chapter 13, we'll address the possibility of selling your online store for a huge "pay day." For some of you, this store might be your baby, and you have no intention of selling it. That’s totally fine!
But, others may be ready to "cash in" and move on to their next project. If you fall into this latter group, we’ll take you step-by-step through the selling process and let you in on the secret to getting top dollar for your store.
In Chapter 13, we'll answer these questions and more:
- Should I sell my store or hang onto it? What are the reasons I may want to consider selling?
- How much money can I realistically get for my store? How is an eCommerce store valued?
- If I decide to sell, how do I list my store to make it attractive to potential buyers?
Additional Tools & Resources
- Non-US Resident's Guide - Approximately 1/3 of our Pro Members reside outside the United States. But because the USA has - by far - the largest online shopping marketplace in the world, most non-US members choose to build a store targeting the US market. This guide shows non-US residents how to set up a US-based business.
- Pre-Launch Checklist - This useful checklist helps you get all your ducks in a row so you're 100% ready to start building your store.
- On-Page Optimization Guide - This guide helps you ensure that all your "top-level" pages (i.e. home page, category and sub-category pages, brand pages, etc.) are keyword-optimized (but not over-optimized) for the keyword phrase each page is targeting.
- Store Launch Sequence - This checklist of must-do tasks ensure that you've done everything important to let Google and the world know you're live and open for business.
- Insanely Simple SEO Plan - There are literally hundreds of SEO and marketing techniques promoted out on the web. The vast majority you'll read about are outdated and ineffective, and a lot of them will get you penalized by Google. Coach's Insanely Simple SEO Plan boils marketing down to a small handful of safe, effective, manageable marketing techniques to get your site ranked well in Google.
SEMrush - A massively helpful suite of tools that help you do everything from keyword research to getting backlinks to optimizing the content on your web pages. (This is a third party paid tool and is optional.)
- Ubersuggest - a free keyword research tool that is not as comprehensive as the SEMrush tool suite, but free is a great price and this tool will help you discover all of the phrases in a niche that you can rank easily for.
- PPC Management Tool - This insanely powerful Excel-based program helps you analyze and manage all of your PPC campaigns (including PLAs), saving you tons of time and money.
- Trust Graphics Jumbo Pack - Save hundreds of dollars on graphic design costs with our complementary ZIP file containing over 100 professional-quality trust graphics.
- Site Review Framework - Tracking your store's key performance metrics each month is key to identifying trends and maximizing opportunities. This downloadable template makes monthly site reviews easy.
- Downloads Galore! - We have all kinds of spreadsheets and templates available for you to download ... order log (single-supplier store or multiple-supplier store), PPC profitability analysis, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP to Dropship
Blueprint & enjoy much more than
just our trainining program...
FYI, you can split the signup fee into as many as 12 monthly payments.